Canon EF 40mm F2.8 STM Lens
Part Exchange & Trade InClick here for a quote
Need some more questions answered? Enquire about this product
The Canon EF 40mm F2.8 STM Lens is an extremely compact, fast, pancake lens that is part of the new STM family of Canon lenses. Incorporating the new Canon STM stepping-motor technology for quiet, accurate focus operation, the Canon 40mm f2.8 prime is perfect for capturing sharp photos that stand out whilst providing a professional and natural looking background blur. The Canon EF 40mm f2.8 STM Lens can be mounted on both full frame (EF) and cropped sensor cameras (EF & EF-S), when mounted onto a Canon camera with an APS-C sized sensor the field of view is equivalent to a focal length of about 60mm in 35mm format. The Canon EF 40mm f2.8 comes in a portable, lightweight package and is suitable for a wide variety of subjects, from discreet portraits to landscapes
Canon EF 40mm f2.8 STM Lens
A versatile, compact pancake lens. A fast maximum aperture enables low-light shooting and depth-of-field control. STM provides smooth quiet autofocus when shooting video with compatible cameras.
• The compact pancake design of the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM makes your EOS even more portable, so you’ll always be able to take your DSLR with you.
• Movie Servo AF uses STM stepping-motor technology for smooth quiet focusing when shooting video with compatible cameras.
• Use an f/2.8-22 aperture range to control depth of field and shoot hand-held in low-light conditions. A circular aperture diaphragm delivers high-quality bokeh.
• Suitable for a wide variety of subjects, from portraits to landscapes. Great for discreet reportage photography.
• Pin-sharp images with fast, quiet AF with STM.
• Great image quality right across the frame with Super Spectra Coatings and aspherical lens design.
Zoom or Prime Prime
Focal length - wide (mm) 40
Focal length - tele (mm) 40
Max aperture - wide 2.8
Max aperture - tele 2.8
Autofocus motor Yes
Lens mount Canon EF
Filter thread (mm) 52
Weight (g) 130
Size 68 x 27mm
Minimum aperture 22
Lens elements 4
Lens groups 6
Aperture blades 7
Manufacturers link Click here