The Pentax 560mm f5.6 HD DA ED AW Lens is a super-telephoto lens specially designed for use with the Pentax K-mount lenses and features a newly developed high-grade multi-layer lens coating to deliver clear, well-defined images of distant subjects. When mounted on a Pentax K-mount digital camera body, this super-telephoto lens offers an equivalent focal length of approximately 859mm in the 35mm format. The weather-resistant construction includes 29 special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of dust and water into the lens interior
Major features of the Pentax 560mm f5.6 HD DA ED AW Lens
1. New, high-grade HD Coating
This lens is treated with HD Coating*, a new high-grade multi-layer lens coating developed by PENTAX. Compared with conventional multi-layer coatings, it provides increased light transmittance with reduced reflection, to deliver sharp, clear images free from flare and ghost images, even under demanding lighting conditions.
2. Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
A new addition to the AW (All Weather) series, this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant construction with 29 special seals to effectively prevent the intrusion of dust and water into the lens interior. By coupling this lens with a dustproof, weather-resistant PENTAX interchangeable lens digital camera body such as the PENTAX K-5 or PENTAX K-30, the user is assured of a durable, reliable imaging system that performs superbly in demanding outdoor situations — even in rain or mist, or at locations prone to water splashes or spray.
3. New exterior design
The lens exterior has been painted an elegant white to minimize heat haze generated inside the lens barrel due to strong sun. Featured in the middle of the lens barrel is a red almite ring that clearly signifies the new HD PENTAX lens series. Strap lugs are made from aluminium to enhance its exclusive appearance.
4. Easy control of circular polarising filter
This lens comes with a built-in, removable filter holder in the barrel. By mounting the C-PL (circular polarising) filter (40.5mm in diameter; included as an exclusive accessory) to the holder, the user can easily obtain the desired polarising effect simply by rotating the filter with its control ring.
5. Other features
- Smooth autofocus operation using an AF driving motor (DC motor) installed in the lens barrel**
- Quick-Shift Focus system for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured by the camera’s AF system
- SP (Super Protect) coating applied to the front surface of the lens to effectively repel water and grease and to allow the user to easily remove dust and water stains
- Rounded diaphragm to produce a smooth, beautiful bokeh (out-of-focus rendition), while minimising the streaking effect of point light sources (coma)
* HD stands for High Definition, and signifies the lens’s capacity to reproduce images that excel in transparency, definition, resolution and rendition.
** This lens is compatible with the K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-30, K-01, K-5, K-r, K-7, K-x, K-m, K20D, K200D, K100D Super and K10D camera bodies (with Ver. 1.30 or later firmware installed). When mounted on other camera bodies, the focus mode is automatically switched to manual.
|Focal length - wide (mm)
|Focal length - tele (mm)
|Max aperture - wide
|Max aperture - tele
|Minimum focus distance (m)
|Filter thread (mm)
||130 x 521.7 mm