Canon RF 1200mm f8L IS USM Lens
Part Exchange & Trade InClick here for a quote
Need some more questions answered? Enquire about this product
Capture distant subjects with superb creative control thanks to the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM; an extremely light 1200mm super-telephoto with an F8 maximum aperture and 4-stop Image Stabilizer. It’s an uncompromising lens, built to deliver incredible images.
Distance is no problem with the RF 1200mm F8L IS USM, and neither is quality. With a 4-stop Image Stabilizer, F8 maximum aperture and a lightweight magnesium alloy body, this super-telephoto offers handheld control with ultimate image quality. Thanks to superb Canon engineering, extraordinary new levels of detail are possible – even when your subject is far away.
Maximum reach, maximum quality
The RF 1200mm F8L IS USM delivers incredible telephoto images and offers the longest native focal length for mirrorless cameras. With a useful F8 aperture and 4-stop Image Stabilizer1 for exceptional results in low light, it surpasses all expectations.
Surprisingly practical, with mind-blowing results
Canon’s most powerful telephoto lens also offers incredible versatility. Optimised weight distribution inspires confidence while Fluorite, UD and Super UD lens elements with advanced coatings deliver stunningly sharp images.
Tough and responsive, for any assignment
The RF 1200mm F8L IS USM’s L-series design puts priority on usability with a minimum focus distance of 4.3m allowing subjects to be tracked over a great range of distances. Heat insulating paint protects the optics inside while dust and moisture is repelled by Fluorine on the outer elements.
Built for the EOS R-series
The RF 1200mm F8L IS USM sits at the very top of the Canon lens range. An aperture mechanism offers 1/8th stop increments, ideal for video, while the IS system works with in body stabilisation for ultimate stability.
Customisable control with real usability
The RF 1200mm F8L IS USM has a host of custom options with two focus pre-sets and a customisable AF stop button. It’s fully compatible with RF extenders and focus direction can even be reversed if you’ve come to Canon from another system!
L Series Optics Features
- Featuring an optical design based on past EF and RF super-telephoto lenses, this lens features top-range optics designed for the most demanding shooting applications.
- Two fluorite, one Super Ultra Low-Dispersion (UD), and one UD element virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations for outstanding clarity and colour accuracy, void of chromatic aberrations or fringing.
- Advanced optical design also contributes to the sleeker, more portable form factor of this RF-mount, mirrorless lens.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and color accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
USM Autofocus and Image Stabilisation
- Ultrasonic Motor delivers fast, accurate, and near silent autofocus performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Impressively close 4.3m minimum focusing distance, and a maximum magnification of 0.29x, suit working with nearby subjects, such as close-range wildlife, birds, and athletes.
- Variable speed manual focusing offers three options for greater focusing control and full-time manual focus support permits making focus adjustments without switching modes.
- Two focus presets can be stored for immediate recall to a specified focus distance.
- Focus range limiter improves responsiveness by constraining the usable focusing range.
- Benefitting handheld and monopod-based shooting, Optical Image Stabilisation compensates for 4 stops of camera shake for sharper imagery. Due to the long focal length, in-body image stabilisation, or Coordinated IS, from EOS R-series bodies is not supported with with this lens.
Other Key Features
- Relatively lightweight and compact, this 1200mm f/8 lens weighs 3.34kg and measures 537mm-long, making it realistic to use atop a monopod or even handheld for short periods of time.
- Built-in rotating tripod mount suits working with the lens atop a monopod or tripod and enables quick switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine coating on the front element helps repel moisture, dust, and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Distinctive heat-resistant white paint finish.
- Accepts drop-in style 52mm filters toward the rear of the lens.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters for further extending the effective reach of this lens.
|Manufacturer Part Number||5056C005AA|
|Special / Pre-Order State||Pre-order|