Canon RF 800mm f5.6L IS USM Lens
Part Exchange & Trade InClick here for a quote
Need some more questions answered? Enquire about this product
|Bought a Canon EOS R System camera since August 2022? Claim £300 cashback on this lens with Canon Lens Reward! (Offer ends 31.8.24 | Ts & Cs apply) ▶|
Fill the frame with faraway detail thanks to this stunning 800mm super-telephoto lens. Designed for EOS R-series cameras, this lens is made for wildlife and sports photographers seeking an uncompromised performance in all conditions.
Lock on to distant subjects with ease and put them right in the centre of your frame with this stunning super telephoto lens. With a staggering 800mm, 4.5-stop image stabilisation and an impressive F5.6 maximum aperture, its lightweight and precise handling will ensure you’ll always be one step ahead to get the shot.
Push the limits of performance
The RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM is built to impress. From a fast F5.6 aperture and 4.5-stop Image Stabilizer for effortless control to Fluorite, UD and Super UD lens elements with advanced coatings, it sets new standards in optical excellence.
Control with confidence
This is Canon’s lightest and shortest 800mm L-series lens yet, made possible by an advanced optical design. Optimised weight distribution inspires confidence while full-time manual focus is always there for precise AF control.
Tough and responsive, for any assignment
L-series design puts priority on usability. A lightweight magnesium alloy casing with heat insulating paint protects the optics inside while dust and moisture is repelled by Fluorine on the outer elements.
Built for the EOS R-series
The RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM sits at the top of the Canon lens range. An aperture mechanism with 1/8th stop increments and a minimum focus distance of 2.6m bring superior shooting flexibility, while the IS system works with in body IS for even better stability.
Do it your way and take control
The RF 800mm F5.6L IS USM has a host of custom options with two focus pre-sets and a customisable AF stop button. It’s fully compatible with RF extenders and focus direction can even be reversed to match what you’re used to.
L Series Optics Features
- Featuring an optical design based on past EF and RF super-telephoto lenses, this lens features top-range optics designed for the most demanding shooting applications.
- Two fluorite, one Super Ultra Low-Dispersion (UD), and one UD element virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations for outstanding clarity and colour accuracy, void of chromatic aberrations or fringing.
- Advanced optical design also contributes to the sleeker, more portable form factor of this RF-mount, mirrorless lens.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and colour accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
USM Autofocus and Image Stabilisation
- Ultrasonic Motor delivers fast, accurate, and near silent autofocus performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Impressively close 2.6 minimum focusing distance, and a maximum magnification of 0.34x, suit working with nearby subjects, such as close-range wildlife, birds, and athletes.
- Variable speed manual focusing offers three options for greater focusing control and full-time manual focus support permits making focus adjustments without switching modes.
- Two focus presets can be stored for immediate recall to a specified focus distance.
- Focus range limiter improves responsiveness by constraining the usable focusing range.
- Benefitting handheld and monopod-based shooting, Optical Image Stabilisation compensates for 4.5 stops of camera shake for sharper imagery. Due to the long focal length, in-body image stabilisation, or Coordinated IS, from EOS R-series bodies is not supported with with this lens.
Other Key Features
- Relatively lightweight and compact, this 800mm f/5.6 lens weighs 3.14kg and measures 432mm-long, making it realistic to use atop a monopod or even handheld for short periods of time.
- Built-in rotating tripod mount suits working with the lens atop a monopod or tripod and enables quick switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine coating on front element helps repel moisture, dust, and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Distinctive heat-resistant white paint finish.
- Accepts drop-in style 52mm filters toward the rear of the lens.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters for further extending the effective reach of this lens.
|Manufacturer Part Number||5055C005AA|