The Nikon SB-700 Speedlight is a versatile and easy to use flashgun that
it compatible with the full range of Nikon FX and DX SLR cameras and
Nikon's Creative Lighting System. Despite boasting a range of advanced
functions including three illumination patterns for total control flash
coverage and A:B wireless mode for control of multiple Speedlights, the
SB-700 is remarkably simple and intuitive to operate. With its compact
size yet advanced features, the Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flashgun is the
ideal piece of kit for tricky lighting situations and creative shooting.
SB-700 Speedlight main features:
• Versatile I-TTL (intelligent TTL) Speedlight compatible with FX and DX
format SLRs, and the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
• Multi-step power-zoom: covers a wide 24-120mm angle of view.
• Intuitive operation: the large, easy-to-read LCD screen and
conveniently placed controls make it easy to adjust settings.
• Guide number: 25 (EVEN)/28 (STD)/30 (CW) (FX-format, ISO 100, m, at
35mm). Maximum guide number: 38 (STD, FX-format, ISO 100, m, at 120mm).
• Centre-weighted, Even and Standard illumination patterns can be
selected to match the shooting situation at hand.
• High-speed recycling time: approx. 2.5 seconds when using NiMH or
alkaline batteries and approx. 3.5 seconds with lithium batteries.
• A:B mode for quick wireless control: allows control of the light
ratios of A and B group Speedlight units.
• Firmware can be upgraded via the storage media in the attached camera.
• Automatic thermal protection system: warns of excessive heat build up
during high intensity firing and delays recycling time if necessary.
• Automatic filter detection: Speedlight automatically adjusts the
attached camera’s color temperature settings according to the color of
the filter being used.
• AF-Assist illumination: covers focal length of 24-135mm. Compatible
with Multi-CAM3500 AF sensors.