Sony FE 35mm f1.4 G Master Full Frame E-mount Lens
Part Exchange & Trade InClick here for a quote
Need some more questions answered? Enquire about this product
Introducing the Sony FE 35mm f1.4 G Master Full Frame Lens: A large aperture lens for stills and movies. Featuring an advanced optical design that includes two XA (extreme aspherical) elements and one aspherical, for incredible corner-to-corner high-resolution, along with beautiful background defocus (bokeh). Two XD Linear (Extreme Dynamic) Motors deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus and tracking in this compact-sized and lightweight Sony G Master lens. Internal focusing ensures the angle of view is stable during focusing (focus breathing minimised). An incredible lens for video, the SEL35F14GM delivers smooth, fast and continuous auto focus performance for movie shooting.
Beautifully Smooth Backgrounds
A circular 11-blade aperture creates beautiful circular background bokeh defocus effects with a large F1.4 aperture.
Amazing Clarity and Contrast
Even under strong sunlight and backlighting, Sony’s new Nano AR Coating II is evenly applied to the element surface, effectively minimising internal reflections so that flare and ghosting do not occur.
Fast and Precise
Two XD Linear (Extreme Dynamic) Motors with their complex construction deliver faster and more accurate focusing than conventional lenses for both photography and videography. You won't miss a shot on this large aperture lens.
A dust and moisture resistant design, along with versatile controls on this prime lens makes it ideal to use in the most difficult scenarios - both indoors and outdoors.
The Sony FE 35mm f1.4 G Master lens offers excellent close-up performance with a wide angle of view.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Wide-angle 35mm lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- One extra-low dispersion element is featured in the lens design and helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour neutrality.
- Nano AR Coating II has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and colour rendering in strong lighting conditions. This updated coating is better suited for larger, curved elements and is especially adept at minimising internal reflections.
- Two XD Linear Motors, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- A focus hold button is featured on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberised control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.