Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera Vlogging Bundle
Part Exchange & Trade InClick here for a quote
Need some more questions answered? Enquire about this product
The Sony ZV-1 is a purpose-built compact camera blending the proven imaging capabilities of the RX100-series platform with an updated physical design for more efficient content creation.
Featuring a side flip-out 3.0" touchscreen and a directional 3-capsule microphone that are perfect for front-facing recording, the ZV-1 also caters to this crowd with the Product Showcase Setting, Background Defocus function, Soft Skin Effect, and Face Priority Auto-Exposure.
Despite its sleek and lightweight design, the ZV-1 is also characterized by its large right-hand grip that is ideal for one-handed recording in conjunction with a front tally lamp, larger REC button on the top plate, and a Multi Interface Shoe for attaching accessories. An impressive ZEISS 24-70mm-equivalent standard zoom lens, with a bright f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range, is also featured and, suiting recording while walking, Active SteadyShot image stabilization helps to steady footage and reduce the appearance of camera shake for smoother takes.
Inside, the ZV-1 has some familiar imaging attributes in the form of a 20.1MP 1"-type Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, with front-end LSI, which contributes to impressively fast performance along with wide-ranging sensitivity to suit working in a variety of conditions. The processing capabilities avail Real-Time Eye AF and Real-Time Tracking for quick and precise focusing and subject tracking. In terms of video specs, UHD 4K recording at 30p is supported with no recording limit to allow for longer takes, and a micro-HDMI port can be used to conjunction with an external recorder or monitor if desired. Footage is also benefitted by Sony's S-Log2 and HLG picture profiles that match up with their professional cine cameras for refined color, dynamic range, and detail when recording.
Content Creator and Vlogging Features
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Since the screen flips out to the side, the top plate has been redesigned to incorporate a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors.
- Both a 3.5mm microphone port and a Multi Interface Shoe are also featured for greater accessory compatibility.
- Compact and lightweight body design is complemented by an easy-to-hold right-hand grip that makes one-handed operation more comfortable and efficient. There is also a large REC button for quick recognition.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring.
- Product Showcase setting is ideal for vlogging and product showcases and allows for quick and smooth focus transitions between a subject's face and an object placed in front of the lens.
- Background Defocus lets you immediately switch to the maximum aperture setting (f/1.8-2.8), using a custom button function, for isolating your subject using shallow depth of field and bokeh. A built-in ND filter benefits using this mode in bright lighting conditions by controlling overexposure.
- Face-Priority AE detects the subject's face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade. The AE technology also suppresses abrupt changes in exposure if the subject quickly turns away from the frame to eliminate unexpected blown-out or extremely dark shots.
- Refined color science helps to optimize skin tones for any subject, in both still and video modes, in order to achieve a healthy and natural look that is inclusive of different ages, genders, and ethnicity.
- Soft Skin Effect can be used to soften and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on a subject's face to create a natural, smooth complexion. The default setting is Mid and can be adjusted to Off, Low, or Hi.
- Active SteadyShot is an advanced image stabilization mode that ensures steady video while moving, even when handheld shooting while walking. This mode combines optical and electronic stabilization methods for more effective results—when recording HD video with Active mode, camera shake is reduced by up to 11 times more than with standard SteadyShot; when recording 4K video with Active mode, camera shake is reduced by up to 8 times more than with standard SteadyShot.
20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Image Processor
Utilizing an advanced stacked structure with an integrated DRAM chip, the 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor is able to deliver outstanding image quality from ISO 100-12800 with incredibly fast performance. This sensor stacks the pixel area, a high-speed signal processing circuit, and memory in order to increase data throughput and deliver features such as Single Burst Shooting, an Anti-Distortion shutter, UHD 4K video, and more. This 1" sensor also has 315 phase-detection AF points and 425 contrast detection areas for faster, more precise focusing.
This sensor is paired with a revised BIONZ X image processor and front-end LSI, which dramatically improve the speed and throughput of the entire imaging system, enabling blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 24 fps with continuous AF/AE calculations being performed at 60 times per second. The front-end LSI and enhanced sensor performance also improve overall image quality, especially at higher sensitivities, by reducing noise and offering higher perceived resolution and color definition.
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm Lens
Spanning a useful 24-70mm equivalent range, the integrated ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* lens suits working in a wide range of situations. Despite its compact, retractable form factor, the lens still retains a bright f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range that benefits working in low-light conditions as well as isolating subject matter using shallow depth of field techniques. The optical design incorporates a series of specialized elements to reduce aberrations and distortions, in order to achieve high sharpness and accurate rendering, and a ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to suppress reflections and glare for improved contrast and color fidelity.
The flexible reach is complemented by Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Able to record UHD 4K video at 30/24 fps, the ZV-1, is capable of producing movies with exceptional clarity. By using a full pixel readout without binning, the camera collects about 1.7x the information needed for 4K output. This oversampling helps to increase clarity while reducing the impact of moiré and jaggies. Benefitting sharper recording, an Active SteadyShot mode can be used for recording that prioritizes smoothness when reducing the appearance of camera shake. Fast Hybrid AF is available during movie shooting for ensuring accurate, fast tracking using phase-detection AF points. The camera also offers Sony's advanced XAVC S format for recording a high bit rates up to 100 Mb/s. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the ZV-1 allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Speed is also a huge advantage of the ZV-1, and, in video, users will benefit from advanced High Frame Rate shooting and super slow motion. In Full HD, shooters will have access to a standard 120 fps setting that will enable outstanding slow motion when placed in editing software. In addition to this, the camera also offers a dedicated HFR mode that boosts the camera's frame rate to up to 960 fps.
A Photo Capture function is built directly into the camera, allowing shooters to quickly save an 8.29MP still from their UHD 4K movies. Full HD can also benefit from this feature, where users will be able to pull a 2MP still. Additionally, the camera is NTSC/PAL switchable, making it usable around the world, vertical videos can be recorded with embedded metadata to correct for the vertical orientation during playback.
Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Phase-Detection Points
The ZV-1 is equipped with an on-sensor phase-detection AF system that dramatically improves autofocus speed for both stills and video. The camera uses a hybrid system with 315 phase-detection points that cover approximately 65% of the frame along with a 425-area contrast-detection system to provide fast, accurate focusing in a range of situations. It is able to lock onto subjects quickly and can use Real-time Tracking for AI-based tracking on moving subjects. Real-time Eye AF, suitable for both humans and animals, also ensures critical sharpness when shooting portraits.
Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release. Additionally, connection to a smartphone using a QR code is also possible and the ZV-1 is also compatible with the Movie Edit add-on from the Imaging Edge mobile app. Bluetooth connectivity also enables connecting to the optional GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip for efficient camera control.
New software update makes it easy to use the ZV-1 camera as a high-quality video and audio camera.
Enables livestreaming with only a USB cable connection:
- Connecting your ZV-1 with UVC/UAC over a USB cable to a PC allows you to conduct livestreaming/online communication with high video and audio quality.
- Connect your ZV-1 to a Sony’s Xperia™ smartphone* for on-the-go livestreaming with high video and audio quality.
* Xperia 1 II or Xperia 5 II upgraded to Android 11. Update availability varies by region. (as of February 2021)
- Up to 75 minutes of continuous video recording time on a single charge.
- Interval shooting mode is ideal for creating time-lapse movies with the aid of Imaging Edge software. Intervals can be selected between 1-60 seconds for recording up to 9999 sequential free. Also, in-camera battery charging is possible via the USB port using a portable battery to benefit long interval shooting sessions.
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
Sony GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip & Mini Tripod
Helping to improve shooting stability, the Sony GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip is a convenient tool that serves as both a larger grip for handheld shooting as well as a sleek tabletop tripod. Compatible with select Sony cameras featuring Bluetooth connectivity, this grip offers wireless control over select shooting controls, via built-in shutter release and video record buttons, a zoom rocker switch, and a customizable C1 button. Beyond serving as just an accessory grip, the grip itself can be splayed into three legs and function as a tripod for hands-free shooting. The integrated head can tilt upward 80° (40° when setup as a tripod), downward 90°, and rotate 360° for easier positioning. Additionally, the grip is dust and moisture-resistant to suit its use with select weather-sealed cameras.
Sony ECM-W2BT Wireless Microphone System
The Sony ECM-W2BT brings vloggers, YouTubers, journalists, and content creators using Sony cameras with digital MI interfaces a flexible and easy-to-use true-wireless microphone system featuring advanced Bluetooth technology for high-quality audio and reliable, low-latency performance. The miniature clip-on transmitter with a built-in omnidirectional microphone makes it fast and easy to mic up your subject for a quick interview without having to worry about a cable. The transmitter also features a stereo 3.5mm audio input, allowing you to connect a smaller, more discreet lavalier such as the ECM-LV1 (available separately) if desired. The compact receiver attaches directly to the MI shoe mount on compatible Sony cameras, giving the system up to 9 hours of shooting time, assisted by the camera's power. Both the transmitter and receiver are powered via built-in rechargeable lithium-ion batteries; without an MI connection the system will operate for up to 3 hours between charges. If the camera's MI shoe is also equipped with a digital interface, the direct connection allows the camera to record pristine sound with an ultra-low noise floor.
|Manufacturer Part Number||ZV1BDI.EU|