Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 Di III VXD G2 Lens - Sony FE Mount
Part Exchange & Trade InClick here for a quote
Need some more questions answered? Enquire about this product
|Save £100 on this Tamron lens when you use the code TAMRON100 at the checkout (Offer ends 7.1.24)|
The 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 is a fast-aperture standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. The lens is the successor to the popular 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036). High definition and spectacular image quality are the key areas of advancements. Model A063 features a redesigned optical system but maintains a size similar to its predecessor. To minimise optical aberrations to an extreme degree, LD (Low Dispersion) and GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) lens elements are used in an optimal arrangement. The lens provides exceptionally good optical performance, edge-to-edge across the frame, throughout the entire zoom range, along with the soft, beautiful bokeh effects that are distinctive to fast-aperture lenses. Taken altogether, the enhanced features create a potent, everyday zoom lens that draws you a giant step closer to maximising your enjoyment of photography.
- Versatile standard zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 42-112.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Improved optical design increases resolution and enhances imaging performance.
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range.
- Minimum focusing distance of just 18cm and a 1:2.7 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects.
- Updated ergonomic design for improved operability.
- Connector port works in conjunction with Tamron Lens Utility software for customising lens functions and updating firmware through the lens rather than through the camera.
New 2nd-generation lens design improves both operation and ergonomics
The all-new 28-75mm F2.8 G2 incorporates a new design that becomes the hallmark of Tamron lenses introduced in the future. Grip texture has been improved by redesigning the striped pattern on the rubber of focusing and zoom rings. Certain internal parts have also been enhanced. The surface of the lens exterior is shiny black, much glossier than previous models. Tamron considered customer feedback and reviewed each part and component of the lens down to the finest details.
Capture all the action with high-speed, high-precision AF
The AF drive system is equipped with Tamron’s VXD linear motor focus mechanism. VXD is exceptionally responsive and operates at high speed with great precision. The AF speed is approximately twice as fast as the 1st-generation Model A036. With reliable, speedy focusing, you are ready for those important moments. Moreover, the AF drive motor is very quiet, which is extra important when recording video.
Minimum focus distance of 18cm (7.1 in) and maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7
Close focusing has also been improved. The MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of the 28-75mm F2.8 G2 is 0.18m (7.1 in) at the wide 28mm end, an improvement over the 1st-generation Model A036. The working distance becomes about 4.4cm (1.7 in) at the MOD. The maximum magnification ratio is 1:2.7. Get closer to any subject and enjoy the world of wide macro photography. In addition, at the telephoto end the MOD is 0.38m (15 in). The maximum magnification ratio when using the longer 75mm focal length is 1:4.1, enabling close-up shooting.
Lens Function Customisation with Tamron Lens Utility
This lens is compatible with the new Tamron Lens Utility software originally and uniquely developed by Tamron. Tamron Lens Utility can be operated using a computer by connecting the lens from its Connector Port via the optional Tamron Connection Cable (sold separately). Users can customise the functions and update the firmware through the lens.
|Manufacturer Part Number||A063S|